It is a multivitamin, containing a broad spectrum of vitamins and minerals that meet your daily needs (12 vitamins, 9 minerals). In addition, it contains green tea and the unique Gerimax Ginseng Extract (GGE®), which has a documented regenerating effect on the energy level, both physically and mentally. GERIMAX® is a unique remedy made up of complementary ingredients. These ingredients help you maintain an active and healthy lifestyle and give the mental and physical strength, which ensures maximum benefit from every single day. Furthermore, Gerimax provides you with important nutrients that may prevent common diseases.
Gerimax contains 37.2 mg green tea. Green tea contains the active ingredient EGCG (epigallocatechin-3-gallate) which is a strong anti-oxidant used to boost immunity and protect our cells from scavenging free radicals that increase the risk of cancer.
GERIMAX GINSENG EXTRACT (GGE®)
Ginseng has been highly praised throughout history for its ability to restore vigour, boost energy, strengthen the immune system and improve physical and mental performance. Ginseng (C. A. Meyer) has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for thousands of years to promote general well-being and to treat a variety of disorders, especially those associated with ageing. Many components of ginseng such as Ginsenosides, Polysaccharides, Peptides, Polyacetylenic alcohols, and fatty acids, have been shown to be biologically active. Most of the pharmacological activities of ginseng that have been identified to date, are attributed to the ginsenosides. Today, approximately 30 different ginsenosides have been isolated; they can be divided into two groups based on their chemical structure. One group (Rg1) acts stimulating while the other group (Rb1) helps to relax.
Ginseng strengthens the immune system and thereby the ability to resist infections such as colds. The white blood cell count (T-lymphocytes) increases, improving the immune system's struggle against bacteria and viruses.
The GGE® is standardized to ensure that all Gerimax® tablets contain exactly 100 mg ginseng. Therefore, ONLY the ginseng extract in Gerimax® will give the results of the following clinical studies:
- Improved power of concentration, brain function and physical capacity
- Improved ability to do abstract problem solving and shortened reaction time
- More energy in stress periods
- Improved physical activity and vitamin balance in the elderly
- Reduced blood glucose and improved well-being of newly diagnosed type 2 diabetes patients
- Better immune system to fight infections
- Activated life style
INDICATIONS: Gerimax® is needed for:
- People recovering after hospitalization and surgery
- People with a weak immune system
- People following a low-calorie diet
- Teenagers whose variety of foods is limited to fast food
- Students who need more energy and better concentration
- Elderly people whose ability to absorb vitamins and minerals has decreased
- People exposed to daily stress
- People exposed to rigorous physical exertion/ athletes
- Diabetics by increasing their physical activity and reducing their fasting blood glucose (FBG) and HbA1c
- Dror Y et al. "Estimation of Vitamin Needs" Journal of the American College of Nutrition.15, 5, 481-88, 1996
- Journal of Alternative and Comparative Medicine.In Press 2002
- Sandberg F, Dencker L. "Experimental and clinical tests on ginseng" Zeitschrift für Phytoterapie, 15, 1, 38-42, 1994.
- Sørensen H and Sonne J. "A Double-Masked Study of the Effect on Cognitive functions". Current Therapeutic Research, 57, 12, 959-68,1996.
- Sotaneimi E et al."Ginseng Therapy in Non-Insulin-Dependent Diabetic Patients" Department of Internal Medicine, University of Oulu,Finland Diabetes Care, 18,10, 1373-75, 1995.
*Recommended Daily Allowance
Gerimax Dosage: 1 tablet daily preferably after meals.
Available in box of 30 tablets and 60 Tablets.